'Online Armor Free' not $free ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by akm, Aug 7, 2015.

1. akm

akm Sergeant

Sounds like, from MG download site comments, ie...
    ...and when get transferred to Emsisoft site for download, that OA is no longer free ?
    Also tried to install from old XP version, OnlineArmorSetup.exe (OA5.5?), but still ended up at website to download the $40 version.
    :confused
    Thoughts ?
    Ps:
    If true, any thoughts on other free option/s ?
    Also read Zonealarm is a bit complicated (maybe somewhat invasive) ?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Eldon

4. akm

akm Sergeant

5. Eldon

I will email them.

6. akm

akm Sergeant

Took a look at Comodo, and even though 'cancelled' the installation at about 10%, when saw it installing addins, it still was able to install GeekBuddy and Chromodo (browser).
    Trickier than most installers.
    :-o
    Wouldnt uninstall with CP, so had to use Unlocker to delete files (Comodo and addins) and spend about a 1/2hr deleting related keys from the registry and then restore.
    For the record, one needs to click the 'custom installation' button to stop the addins install.
    But it wont work after 10% :(
    It may be great, but Id rather make the addins choice instead of the installer.
    Not sure I want to try again, but at least I think I figured out how to 'uninstall'... and lots of related comments online, but none of them worked.
    Its obviously a pretty robust program, so maybe another try after some more browsing ?
    Just looking for a firewall, not a browser etc.
    :confused
    So many things have changed since XP started 'getting old', like some of us users ! :)

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Removing it this morning. Thanks :)

8. Eldon

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds