Online Armor - Freeware? Shareware?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Apr 9, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

On yesterday's MG front page, it shows a new Online Armor is available. But it appears that it is now shareware. I went to the publisher's web site, and they do have free version still available but it says that it doesn't have the features of the pro version. I have installed the free version that was here at MG about a week ago or so and I love it! But this new information troubles me, and I'm wondering if the version I have is the limited free version which is now available, or if it's the free version that seemed to have more features, or if both the free version available now at their web site and the free version that was here at MG a week ago are the same? :confused This seems to happen more and more frequently; I discover a free app, and within 6 or 8 months, they shave off freatures in the free version, and then release a paid 'pro' version that is more or less a slightly beefed up version of what was previously free.... or am I imagining things?

BTW- I'm running version 2.1.0.119.Free

Free version from Online Armor web site http://www.tallemu.com/free-firewall-protection-software.html
    Shareware version here at Major Geeks http://www.majorgeeks.com/Online_Armor__d1691.html

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:eek: Thanks for clearing that up for me. I saw 'Shareware' and got all freaked out thinking that either MG or TallEmu had abandoned the free version, my bad. I didn't think to check MG for both a shareware and a free version. rolleyes Sometimes I'm just not the brightest pixel in the display if you know what I mean. ;)
    Thanks again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds