Online Database Questions

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maxx102, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Maxx102

Maxx102 Private E-2

Hello everyone,

Being the only geek in my non-IT department it has fallen on my shoulders of maintaining our department database that stores all sorts of records and information, such as parking registration and parking tickets, etc.

The database that my department uses is Microsoft Access 2010 and it can be accessed by 20 or so people. We don't use just the tables, but I have created forms, reports, macros, and queries.

But it seems that at least once and a week, the whole thing goes kaboom and we get corruption errors and the whole thing is unusable.

We are then forced to restore the database from an older one that was backed up that morning.

I have looked at software that was created for our needs and unfortunately there really isn't any for our application.

What I would like to do is switch to something a heck of a lot more stable, maybe even accessible via web, but "Access Like" with table, forms, reports etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I could look.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds