Online game loading chronic problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Been playing an online interactive game from Kabam "Dragons of Atlantas."
    Game is becoming a chronic problem to load, and play.
    Not uncommon to take 15 minutes of waiting. Often to no avail. Tried signing off and then back onto the game, sometimes successfully, some not. Refreshed the sign on, rebooted the computer. Have cleared the cache, cleaned(?) the cookies. Used another browser,
    When playing game, encounter delays switching from sundry parts of game to another. Game does not always exhibit delays. Have signed on, gotten right to the game and played error free for a few hours. Signed off, come back later and encountered no problems.
    Customer service is pitiful, but game is free to play. No memberships, no dues, no fees are required to play.
    :cry

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Was it "Bundleware"? There may be something that was installed along with the game without you knowing about it.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

I'll check that link.
    Right now running scans w/Avast & Malware
    Suddenly computer is going online w/Firefox very slow. Tried to go online to get Pizza from 2 sites, had to refresh couple of times.
    Tried to go to Kabam web site, same as earlier, just not as slow.

5. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Found the link. It was one I am familiar with, and have used.
    So far the problem is still there. The "fixes" suggested are ones Kabam recommends via an automated reply when inquiring about any problem. One inquiry to them got that standard autoreply, and they followed that with another reply thanking me and closing the inquiry file.

6. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

The game seemed to correct itself, as the loading problem went away. Well, at least for about a week.
    In a reply from you folks (which I cannot find) the thought was "likely a lack of RAM," and offered a link to test my RAM.
    As the problem seemed corrected, I did not pursue adding RAM. Now the problem is back.
    I changed nothing, I have not added any programs. The game began loading without any intervention, with some minor delays. I suspect those are due to logging on at peak times.The game owner says the problem in not theirs.
    Still - is RAM the prime suspect? Found it puzzling the problem reconciled without intervention, then returned.
    Thanks,
    Sarge

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds