only 1 window opening with firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by paul70, Dec 20, 2009.

1. paul70

paul70 Corporal

firefox is only opening 1 window , anybody any ideas using windows 7 , thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you explain a little more on this one window? give us a step by step account of what you do once Firefox is open? is it you cannot open any more tabs or is it you cannot run more than one session of Firefox?

What version of Firefox is it? in Firefox click Help > About Firefox if not this version HERE then uninstall and update to the latest.

Try Firefox is Safe Mode is it the same or can you open more windows? if it works ok then you have a faulting plugin and should disable them all and then enable one at a time until you find the culprit.

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Do you mean that you'd like to have more than 1 Firefox window open at a time?

Right click on the window. (With mine, I see "Mozilla Firefox", "Unpin this program from the taskbar", "Close window").
    Choose and click on "Mozilla FireFox". This will open another window for you to browse in.

Or

Do you mean...
    Right click at the bottom of your screen, perhaps next to your Firefox window.
    Click on "Properties".
    Under the "Taskbar" tab/Taskbar Appearance" you can control how you see the windows. ("always combine, hide labels", "combine when taskbar is full" and "never combine").

Hope this helps?
    Clear as mud? lol I'm having difficulties trying to explain what I mean, lol.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Or hit Control+N and open a new window.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds