Only a few programs show up in Add/Remove programs.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Organisms, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Organisms

Organisms Private E-2

I have about 75 programs installed.
    About 10 of those show up in my Add/Remove programs list and I can only uninstall 3 of those 10 programs.
    What's happening?

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You don't tell us what your operating system is, so I don't know if THIS is relevant?

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I am guessing that the Default User account has had the Start menu items deleted, and moved to the Administrator account, with a few choice Start Menu items being placed in this user's "Limited" account.

Also I am going to take a wild guess here that either this system has been locked down by someone else to keep this OP from messing with it, or the OP has been making changes, and just forgot what they did.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Another possibility that I have run into is you could have an add/remove entry that is corrupt. Bascially, it shows the name in add/remove, but contains a TON of white space below it as well, giving the impression of a blank add/remove box. Scrolling down for several seconds shows the rest of the entries. Have you used the scrollbar or mousewheel to scroll to the entire bottom? I know it sounds whacky, but I've seen it two or three times.

5. Organisms

Organisms Private E-2

Ok, I have XP SP2.
    None of this helped me sadly, thought I havent tried looking on the Administrator account yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds