Open a *.docx.part file ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by akm, Aug 12, 2015.

1. akm

akm Sergeant

MSWord 2003 will not open a *.docx.part file that received in email.
    :-o
    Thoughts on how to do ?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

.part files are just that, part files that may or may not contain the data you're looking for (in a vary basic - unusable - format). You need to download it again to use it in Word - even then, you'll need the Office 2007+ compatibility update patch to be able to read it correctly.

3. akm

akm Sergeant

Thank you for the reply !
    Unforutunately it was emailed in that format, and not able to get it otherwise.
    Maybe a freebee download that may be able to convert/print etc it to a pdf, xps, tif, etc ?

4. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

The only time I can ever recall seeing .part extension was during a large download. If you stop the download before it's completed, the .part is usually left on the desktop but the main download icon disappears.

You can try this:

http://www.zamzar.com/convert/docx-to-pdf/

in an attempt to convert it, but frankly I doubt it will work. Frankly I think someone sent you a partial download as an attachment.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

6. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

akm, it's incomplete, either your contact needs to re-download it or it could be some malware/infection attempt - 'phone your contact and ask them about it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds