Open Source "Pidgin" and install problems on XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by not_guilty, Mar 17, 2008.

1. not_guilty

not_guilty Private E-2

Before I Started writing this post I did a medium strenth search here at the forum, about the subject..finding zip, to satisfy my needs in solving my problem.
    ..I was absent from windows scene for about 5 years. And now I am trying to catch up..Last year I got back to windows, getting OEM preinstalled Vista version..Soon After I did install Pidgin messaging Cient, with no problems whatsoever..Vista is gone (what the oversized monster) Now XP is in..I used an older Xp from 2004 with SP2...To my suprise I am unable to install Pidgin due to installer incompatibility..I have to much respect to programmerers of Pidgin, that they would overlooked such a issue. In the realese for the Wndows platform... I have used Pidgin on Linux, and I just don't see myself using anything else..I am guessing that all boils down to installing the right hotfix..My Copy of XP is behind the time.(.If You Will..)..Thanx to Geeks I got the "SP3"...but I am not eager to install all of them..I am slowly finding out by bit about each of them, before installation..Is anyone encounter same problem ? or by chance have the magic answer....Just to clear the air I had full privileges during the install atempt.(as an Administrator)..Also Initially Windows lied to me that the particular copy is damaged (what a silly pop-pop) but I redownloaded 5 extra copies from various sites...So Gent's Ladies..I need some help.. Thank You for reading this

2. not_guilty

not_guilty Private E-2

Well I am bqck, happy 2 announce that all is 5x5..It seems that there are different Pidgin 2.4.0.on the market..As an open source baby, it has the installer, that was written in GKT+..The one app that worked was the one that I downloaded here The same day I wrote the post..But it is so hard for me to belived that there are different releases out there..The installer goes to Common folder where it can be reused..(by different app) but from what I know or learned rather it is a SOP that every developer makes sure that his baby is up to task..I don't have a good relationship with my windows..I can install 10 cracks (I am just giving example out of the air) and then try to install a clipboard, and get a pop up.that I don't have a permission..I am sick and tired of this windows games..Dozen years ago M-Soft was kissing my hands. And I started on Commodore..Now I am an nobody...I know I am not alone with this feeling...That's why I am boycoting Many Giants Software Publishers...but that's another story for different thread...as usual I am not guilty ...But the case is solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds