Open With is missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by JimLL, Jan 6, 2011.

1. JimLL

JimLL I can't follow the rules

XP Pro, SP3, current updates, Lenovo T60p at about 2 ghz
    I've been into computers since 1979 but most of that has leaked out through a hole in my memory.

For a long time ago I had an option on my context menus called "Open With" which allowed me to set and use specific programs right there.

At the time of a near meltdown of my system (I lost zillions of extension configs) that option disappeared. Can I get it back?

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    Go here and find line 220. Right click and save the reg file to your desktop. In an admin account double click the reg file and then reboot.

Edit: When you save the reg file, it may have a txt extension on it that you will have to change to .reg

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds