open with pops up for .exe files

Discussion in 'Software' started by rokofages, May 25, 2011.

1. rokofages

rokofages Private E-2

Hi,

I cannot open any .exe files due to open with popping up when i attempt to. I can use internet explorer but thats about the extent of the programs i can use. Also i cannot open up system restore.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, rokofages, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

We need to know your operating system version and Service Pack #.

3. rokofages

rokofages Private E-2

vista service pack 2 and 32 bit. i hope thats what you mean.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try downloading the EXE fix from this site (it is safe). Unzip the file. Right-click the unzipped .reg file and select Merge to add the contents to the registry. You will be prompted for permission, so click OK.

It should get you going.

5. rokofages

rokofages Private E-2

that seems to have fixed it. Thank you.

6. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Jamal: Is there a reason you are replying to so many threads that are months, if not years, old? Some, like this one, were resolved. Why the sudden interest in them?

7. alan12345

alan12345 Private E-2

I am pretty sure he is spamming and driving traffic to a "lucidata" consultancy with some of his links

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds