OpenOffice.org and StarOffice Vista Compatibility

Discussion in 'Software' started by individual6827, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. individual6827

individual6827 Private E-2

Are any of them compatible with Vista? Are there any problems using these programs using Vista? I would like to know as my Office 2007 trial is running out soon.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. individual6827

At least that's good as a last resort. Luckily I'm now going to get Office 2007.

4. DavidGP

Ah good, Office 2007 is very good and one I use daily.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I found OO to work very well, in fact.

Im not sure if I can get my head around 2007. Microsoft's moving away from the standard menu bar, file, edit, view, etc. seems counterintuitive.

Thats one of the first things I turned back on in Vista :D

6. DavidGP

I agree with you in Vista that the normal menu listings are handy in the folders or explorer, btu I find the icon ribbon method in Office 2007 very easy to use, many users associate images better than words so the ribbon is very user oriented IMO, but as its new it will need some getting used to for a few weeks.

PS. there is NO option in Office to add the old drop down menus back so your stuck with the ribbon,

7. individual6827

I think the ribbon is a great feature. It sets out all the tools that there are right in front of you so you discover many features that you didn't even realise were there.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I guess its a process of getting used to it. I personally thnk the floating/fading toolbars in Office 2004 are incredible, and there are some who hate em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds