Opera 15 released - a major revision

Discussion in 'Software' started by mjnc, Jul 3, 2013.

1. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

The all new Opera 15 for desktops has been released.

If you are a regular or long time user, don't be so quick to Upgrade your current version, as the new Opera is a different animal.

You can install the new version and still keep your current version for regular use by installing the new version in a different folder.
    Instead of the usual C:\Program Files\Opera\ location, you can install the new one in C:\Program Files\Opera 15\.
    That will also create a separate profile for the new version.

The previous version 12.xx will continue to be updated while missing features in version 15 are added over time.

InfoWorld: Blink-based Opera 15 strikes a sour note with users

ghacks.net: Opera 15 final has been released

2. C0rhHusk3r

C0rhHusk3r Private First Class

Wow, I can't believe anyone uses that dog any more. I was a loyal user for almost ten years, but dumped it for Firefox - simply too many websites I needed to visit in my job did not work properly with Opera. Some didn't work at all. And when you go on their forum to complain, somehow it's always your or the web page designer's fault.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I justed updated to version 12.16 yesterday. Will stick with version 12 series while monitoring developments regarding version 15. By the way, the description of version 15 at http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/opera.html sounds exactly like version 12 and even earlier.

5. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

So many Opera users have complained about native bookmark management being omitted from Opera 15, that the developers have
    changed their priority and put that at the top of their list of upcomming updates.

Opera Desktop Team: Ctrl+Z of Ctrl+D
    I hope that it becomes something better than Google Chrome bookmarks,
    which have no description or comments capability and no tags.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds