Opera and PDFs

Discussion in 'Software' started by BLOND37, May 8, 2010.

1. BLOND37

BLOND37 Private First Class

hi i am using the most up to date version of opera, and get it to open pdfs.. i did EXACTLY what it said on their website and stil diont work

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Take it these HERE are the instructions you followed?

Do you have lastest Acrobat reader installed?
    What version of Opera do you have? (10.53)
    What Windows version and service pack?

Did you reboot and then try, sometimes a reboot maybe needed.

3. BLOND37

i have the most up to opera i said. same for abode.
    i have vista dunno what sp. all win updates done.
    i have tried rebooting

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

To find SP right click Computer and choose properties, will tell you in the main window.
    I just wanted to check the Opera version, if nones supplied I can only guess, which is why I asked for version number as in 10.53.

Uninstall Acrobat Reader and then re-install as I have no issues loading a PDF in Opera 10.53 at all from withing a browser page.

But check this location in run Opera and click the O menu > Settings > Preferences > Advanced and then Downloads, look down the list for application/pdf and click edit, and does it look like mine below

[​IMG]

5. BLOND37

vista home prem sp 2
    opera 1053 or whatever.
    i dodnt have that part checked under adv

6. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Have you tried posting your problem on Opera's forum? I think there's some issue with 10.53 and PDF files.

None of my business, but why would anyone want to open PDFs in a browser? I use Opera and/or Firefox but have PDFs set to open in Foxit Reader. Free, fast, and you can do lots of things with the PDFs besides just look at them them.

7. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Foxit Reader for me too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds