Operating System XP Login issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by mangarita, Feb 15, 2006.

1. mangarita

mangarita Private E-2

The problem we are having is logging into our deskstop computer. I used a spyware software like ad-aware to clean 400 bugs. After I cleaned the bugs, the system worked fine. When I tried to shut the computer down and start up again I got to the Page for log in. When I hit the login icon to enter into the system it would start to log in ,then immediately loged me off. I never got a chance to get into the system because I can't not bypass the login mode because it immediatley logs me off. I don't know when I was cleaning I erased a string that might have been necessary. Is there a backdoor to get into the system to bypass the login mode and findly get into the computer?
    The Computer that I am talking about is a E machine with 80mg. with XP (home) operating system. Any Suggestions.

Thanks
    mangarita

2. Frodo

Frodo Private E-2

Try tapping F8 when the computer is booting. This should take you to the login options, one of which will be to boot using the last known good startup.

Select this and press ENTER

This should give you something similar as the restore point in XP

Hope it works for you

3. Also that is an alraming number of spyware detections that give me a cause for concern i would consult your spyware detection issues and run their cleaning procedure in that forum and see what they say. This problem may be spyware related where it is possibly locking you out of the system so you would have to reinstall. Bring it to the spyware forum, run the sticky than post there and they will make sure you are clean. Do you remember exactly what ad-aware detected?
    -the new tech guy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds