Operating Systems - I NEED HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Trihimbulus, May 27, 2003.

1. Trihimbulus

Trihimbulus Private E-2

Ok guys heres the question :

Im running Windows XP home edition on my dell. I have 65 GB of free space and I want to install Solaris 8 ( UNIX) on my pc also. I want to be able to interchange between the 2 ( without restarting ). What should i download to do this? Also do i need to partition my hardrive to fit Solaris 8? If i do this, will i loose all saved data?? Help - meesa confused...

2. Raider

Raider Private First Class

Use Partition Magic to start a new partition and still save the old one. As far as I know there is no way to dual boot without restarting the computer and selecting which OS you want then.

3. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Run VMWare or one of these programs, also not 8, run 9.... Intel version blows so I would recommend getting a Sparc box if you want to run Solaris...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds