optimize and defrag

Discussion in 'Software' started by infoseeker, Jun 12, 2006.

1. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

im using
    XP SP2 media center edition
    P4 512mb ram
    im just confuse regarding defrag
    before i use Raxco Perfect disk defrag v7 trial
    i noticed while its defraging it says also it optimizing the file
    now that the trial version is end, i use now the Power Defragmenter Gui with contig (i think the fastest defragmenter available as of now)
    is there any other program that optimizing the file also?

thanks for reading

2. krit86lr

krit86lr Corporal

3. infoseeker

im using CCLEANER as of now but the standard build
    so you mean i must uninstall the old one? and install the "slim version"?

4. krit86lr

krit86lr Corporal

You don't have to change the build that you're using if you don't want to. The slim build is 1/2 the size of the standard which is why I always suggest the slim for English users.

And CCleaner can be installed over itself. You don't have to uninstall/reinstall to change it. It's actually better if you don't uninstall it first so that it keeps your settings.

5. infoseeker

please tell me, what will be the purpose of "slim"
    is there another tool added in my ^old^ ccleaner?
    i did not notice something change, i actually installed while the old one exist

thanks

6. krit86lr

krit86lr Corporal

The slim build has everything that you need. The standard build has extra, unecessary things like the Yahoo toolbar installer, lots of languages, etc...

The standard build is bloated. This thread is dedicated to optimization so I assumed that you would want the slim build because it takes up less space but performs the same job.

Enjoy! :)

7. infoseeker

ok thanks, i wil try to uninstall the standard version and install the "slim" version
    How do i optimize my file in this version?

8. krit86lr

krit86lr Corporal

No need to uninstall the standard version, you can just install the slim version over it. There is a process killer in the CC installer so there is no need to uninstall first. (But remember to delete the Standard Build installer :))

I'm not sure that I understand your second question. Optimize which file? Do you mean which settings are best to use?

9. infoseeker

if you read my first post, i have a defragmenter and im looking for file optimizer

Do you mean which settings are best to use?
    yes, what setting i must use?

thanks again

10. krit86lr

krit86lr Corporal

11. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Always be cautious of any trail apps "apparent claims" to imrpove system performance, afterall they want you to buy the product. File Optimisation is a baseless and frivilous claim imo CCleaner and standard defrag will obtaiin your optimum. As far as the best defrag app I've tried to date this is a beaut:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1207

Page defrag will certainly help from time to time as this will sort the reg hive and pg filing system but don't get sucked into marketing hype about apparent perfomance boooooosts, lol

12. infoseeker

Okey thanks Bold Eagle
    Thats a what im looking, an exact explanation

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds