Optimizing Apps Again

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Nick T, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey guys, my daughter has an Android tablet and almost everytime she starts it up the screen says, Optimizing Apps 1 of 114, then 2 of 114 and on and on. The problem is is that it takes up to 15 minutes or more to finally reach the 114. Is there any way to speed the process up or to avoid it completely ? Thanks.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I have that but it doesn't stop me doing anything with it while it is optimising.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey Max. Her screen stays black with the with box saying it's optimizing and it stays that way until it's done then her
    screen with the icons shows up, but not until after the optimizing is done.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

That's odd. Depending on what her brand/model of tablet and which Android OS version is I suggest going into the settings to alter them.

Nick T likes this.
  5. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

I'll check it out as soon as I get a break around here. Thanks Max.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Mine only does that after it has updated things. It certainly doesn't do it almost every time I turn it on.

She might want to look at what needs updating, update everything, let it optimize and hope it is done for awhile since everything was updated.

The reason why it takes so long depends on the hardware specs. I have 2 tablets both with 16GB internal memory. The slower one has 1GB RAM and an older processor. The faster one has 2GB RAM and a newer processor.

Nick T likes this.
  7. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Thanks plodr I'll give it a look , and see what happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds