Optimizing IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by lego126, May 2, 2011.

1. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

I am using IE, I'm not sure which version, but I'm sure it's a newer one. What I'm trying to do is turn off some thing while I'm surfing, like say I go to a web page, and there are little looping playback advertising. like say a Toyota advertisment. What option in internet option>>Advanced>>Browsing>> would turn that crap off?.. Also, is there an explanation somewhere, or maybe a webpage someone can direct me to that could explain all these boxes, and what they do? For instance.... there is a box, ENABLE THIRD PARTY BROWSER EXTENSIONS???? What the hell does that mean? One more thing. While I was looking for the version of IE I am using. I typed IE in my search box, and I had 3 options. IE 64-bit, IE, and IE with no ADD-ons. Is there a difference between IE 32, and IE 64? I know this may be alot to cover, but who better to ask?? ;) ;) Thanks guys.

2. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

3. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

Sweet, nice read and thanks a bunch. Hopefully this will help out with some of my recent pop-ups.......????? Maybe some spyware. I'm thinking I may need to do a COMPLETE clean instead of the weekly maintence. Thanks again. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds