Options for my frontpage website

Discussion in 'Software' started by mysticscooby, Dec 29, 2011.

1. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

Hello all... :)
    I have what maybe a strange questions. :confused I realize that the software I am using is outdated and such but it is what I had at the time I built my site.. i have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone can help me with.

First, my site is at www.lifesmysticaljourney.com and I must say, I am very proud of it. lol.... I built this myself.... I am not a web designer or programmer and am self taught... I am sure you pros can find things that I didn't do right but I love it!!! Hee hee. Anyway, questions...

1) is there a new software that I can use that I don't have to completely rebulid my site, somethign that might just pull it all in where I could just start from where I am currently?

2) using the software I have, or a new software that I described above, can I set up my website so people can create their own shopping accounts where they log in and out and have shopping carts that are saved... also, being able to add shipping info that the customer can get would be great...

3) My own shopping cart! I am currently using Paypal which is fine but would love, if possible, to have a shopping carts that doesnt' cost so much and that the money goes into my bank account rather then into Paypal where I have to wait a week or longer to get it...

I think that is it for now. Thank you so much for all of your info and help....

Christle:-D

2. PrissyChrissy

PrissyChrissy Private E-2

You must have a merchant services account and/or maitain PCI compliance once you decide to host your own shopping cart.

I highly do not suggest that you host this or write the code for it.

You can be sued more ways than you can think - as well I would have to thank you for handing me credit card numbers to use for Christmas shopping next year!

Really ... you need to use third-party hosts/tools. Consult a local web designer who specializes in e-commerce activities.

3. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

Ok, so I don't want my own shopping cart. I am not sure I understood all that you were saying? "as well I would have to thank you for handing me credit card numbers to use for Christmas shopping next year!
    " does this mean you are going to shop my site?

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. If I could afford to hire someone, i would but that is just not in the cards as I am only out of being homeless for about two months now thanks to the rediculous job market and our wonderful unemployment insurance department in Washington State...

4. PrissyChrissy

Sorry for my snarky humor, but the number one way that credit cards get stolen is because people try and create their own commerce web sites. You would also be in violation of the merchant services regulation by not having a pci compliant web site - banking and federal regulations that are subject to fines of 10,000 each occurence.:p

So, you have either to contract the e-commerce portion out to another company such as paypal or not sell things on your site. There are lots of businesses that handle the shopping cart features. You will need to be on a server or with a host that is set up for ecommerce. You will need to user their offerings, which will require you to use a third-party for the checkout feature.

I was being snippy by saying that I can hack your site quite easily and get those credit card numbers because you would not be using anything to protect them. ;)

And if you don't understand .... now is the time to start Googling the things that I have mentioned and discover what it is that you think you know that you don't actually know.:-D You have to start somewhere. I would start with the keywords "ecommerce web hosting" or "design and host ecommerce web site".

This is not something that you can do. Face reality. Get some help.

Ex. 3dcart

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  5. PrissyChrissy

Read here too ..... PC

Look at Yahoo! Merchant Starter and Storesense too.

6. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

You know what... You're kind of a jerk... Thanks for the info but you really don't need to be like that...

7. PrissyChrissy

That was not my intention, but you should have considered that what you are asking is for me to give you for free what I get paid to do.

I told you that it is beyond your skill level. I am sorry, but you do need to get help and use a third-party host.

I apologize for my quirky humor. I am a product of my job. ;)

Relax. Grab a good dose of Goolge and you will be fine! I gave you three excellent choices to provide what you wanted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds