Orange-France-Livebox and I'm pulling out hair

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bg9208, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bg9208

bg9208 Private First Class

Hi guys. Dunno if you can help but my problem is internet connectivity.
    I have had an account with Orange for 3 years and the internet connectivity hasn't been too bad until this April when the connection started dropping, a few times a day to start then longer and longer outages until -zilch. I had a french friend go through the technical help(ha ha!) line and eventually acquired a brand new Samsung livebox 2 days ago Hooray! First day fine slick and fast, next days foing the same thing, dropping connection unable to connect at all today until half hour ago and it is still OK at the moment. The main problem in the diagnostic tests out. Connection OK. Livebox OK, Livebox Not Synchronized.
    I would have liked to get on line without using Orange's software (which I suspect is partly at fault) but I dont seem to be able to do so. The range of parameter relating to connectivity is daunting and Greek to me.
    I know it,s asking a bit much but any ideas?
    I hope to pick up suggestions next time I have a stable connection for a few minutes.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I would suggest you get back onto Orange Tech Support (Sorry!) and tell them that their fix did not work and can they run line tests please. It would be an especially good time to contact them whilst it is playing up.

3. bg9208

bg9208 Private First Class

Hi. Now running for 2 days so I seem to have cracked the problem just hope I'm not tempting fate but it might be a help to others.
    The filter which comes with the Livebox is a straight through filter to attach a normal landline with the ADSL plugged in underneath, my main phone is on a filtered spur of the incoming line. In order to listen to the amount of noise in the line, I plugged and ordinary phone into the ADSL filter and hey presto - everything works and faster than ever.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds