Orbicam wont work on windows 7 ultimate

Discussion in 'Software' started by geekscruff55, Jan 18, 2010.

1. geekscruff55

geekscruff55 Private E-2

Hi there.I have a LAPTOP ACER ASPIRE 5051 AWXMi

it has Acer Empowering Technology and all that goes with it including Media Centre Edition and an ACER orbicam.

It has 4 gb RAM and 120HDD ..WIRELESS ETC...
    I have loaded Windows 7 Ultimate unto it and cannot seem to be able to connect my webcam and although the Media Centre on this OS works I dont have the same facilities as I had with my Windows XP professional MCE
    Can any of you guy's help or point me in the right direction .

..many thanks and have a great 2010..wherever you are from...Stan

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

In the US, the closest I get to your model is Aspire 5050
    http://gd.panam.acer.com/home/
    Windows 7 is not supported. That means Acer doesn't plan to issue drivers for the hardware.

Two options: go back to the OS you were using or buy an aftermarket webcam that has windows 7 drivers.

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You could try the Vista drivers from the Acer site. They may be close enough to get things working.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds