os not showing external hardrive

Discussion in 'Software' started by seifer699, Jan 7, 2015.

1. seifer699

seifer699 Private E-2

Hi I just a western digital 2tb passport ultra. I use win 8.1 64bit. It was working well yesterday but when I plugged It in today it autoruned the software to unlock the drive . I put in the correct password. But now the actual passport drive doesn't show. I tried plugging it in my other computer running win 7. And as soon as I put the password in the drive pops up. Does anyone know what's the problem?

2. seifer699

seifer699 Private E-2

Basically when i plug in my external hardrive it will autorun the password protecting software (circled in red in the attached image) prompting you to put the password in to unlock the drive

after typing the correct password. and the software confirming that the drive is unlocked. the actual drive "My passport" does not pop up. So i cannot access my files.

Everything was working a day ago. Dont know why it suddenly stopped showing.

Attached Files:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Would be good to know the info JoeRay12 has asked for...

Could try unplugging your iPod, seems daft but wonder if a drive letter issue could have happened as it can with this day and age of multiple USB devices, and to possibly help is to only have the WD drive plugged in and then in Device Manager and the Universal Serial Bus Controllers branch right click and uninstall the Mass Storage Drvice, then re-plug in your WD drive to reload the driver.

Likely not the problem but worth ruling out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds