OS System not found?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Macca_Bhoy, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Macca_Bhoy

Macca_Bhoy Private E-2

Hi Troops

My brother installed a HDD today to see if it was still working (from old PC) and when he put in the original HDD as it was before he is now getting a message saying Operating System not found.

Any idea why or how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Macca.

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> My brother installed a HDD today to see if it was still working (from old PC) and when he put in the original HDD as it was before he is now getting a message saying Operating System not found. Any idea why or how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. Macca. <<

Have you tried Googling the exact phrase: "Operating System not found" (including the quotation marks).

There is literally tons of info out there on this particular issue.

MSKB Article: 321626 will give you Microsoft’s info regarding this problem.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  3. Macca_Bhoy

Macca_Bhoy Private E-2

thanks, i think this is the problem but not found the solution yet!

"If it isn't listed in the BIOS you will need to check your PC manual to see what settings you need to alter to auto-detect the hard drive. If this fails you may need to manually insert the hard drive settings."

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

When he reinstalled the original hard drive ...is it set to either master or cable select ...and on the last connection of the cable/ribbon?
    And fully connected?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds