Out from Headphone into microphone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Roystacy, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

Okay, here is a dumb question, but I have to ask. Does someone make if it even exists a cable that will allow you to plug one end into a headphone jack of a radio and teh other end goes into the microphone jack of of a computer? Reason is I have to convert some cassette tapes into computer acceptable format (e.g., .wav format) using Sond Recorder(?) and then turn that into audible CDs. I know it's a stretch but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been running a microphone out from my computer to the front of a cassette player in the past but you get that white noise crud as you all know.

Take care,

RSS

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Hi Roy,
    The normal way to do this would be to run a cable from the cassette recorders(or radios) headphone output(jack) to your computers "line in" jack.

3. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Hi Roy,
    To further answer your question. You would use a 1/8 inch (3.5mm I think) stereo cable set that is male at both ends. Usually available at RatShack (Radio Shack) in various lengths.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds