Outlook 2000/Mail Control Panel profiles option missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by hfmoller, May 15, 2005.

1. hfmoller

hfmoller Private E-2

Hi

I have two computers on my home peer-peer network (using an ADSL-4 port ethernet router). My Pentium is running Windows XP/ME (dual boot) with Outlook XP installed on it and the other computer is a 486 with Windows 95 (OSR-2) and Outlook 2000 on it.

My problem on the 486 is that I am trying to run Outlook in such a way that you can use either computers, with 2 users profiles, for email and that I can synchronize my .pst files and see our folders on both computers. The trouble is after re-installing Windows 95 and Microsoft Office 2000 (with FULL install) on the 486 the create profiles in the Mail Control Panel icon (it only shows email accounts and nothing else) and also the Outlook Tool Options under Mail Setup tab User Data Files option is missing. What should I do to restore these missing items?

Also there right click Outlook desktop icon menu does not have the "Data Files" and "Profiles" listed. I can only see Email Accounts option.

Please help :confused:

Regards,
    Francois Moller
    hfmoller@ananzi.co.za

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds