Outlook 2002 Deletes Group Names

Discussion in 'Software' started by RightGirl, Nov 25, 2004.

1. RightGirl

RightGirl Private First Class

I have done this so many times.
    It's natural to click the X when you want to delete something but NOT the whole group.

I have several groups set up in my Outlook (not express)
    Often I have to go in and delete a name.
    If I'm not paying VERY close attention, I click the X to delete a name and BAM the whole group has been deleted.
    In order to delete a name you have to click Remove
    Small unobtrusive box that says "Remove"

Instead I, not paying attention, click X and the whole group is gone.
    I have finally gotten in the habit of printing the list so I can at least re-create the group.

But I know you can set it to "warn before permanently deleting mail" when in the deleted folder, but is there a way to "warn before permanently deleting group"?

HELP !!!

Linda
    :mad:

2. merbo

merbo Private E-2

you can bring it back by restoring your computer to an earlier time. just go to system tools and run system restore. :)

3. RightGirl

RightGirl Private First Class

I finally figured out a safe way to avoid the X in Groups/Lists in Outlook 2002....

I removed the X from the toolbar.
    Now they ONLY option is Remove

Voila !!!!

;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds