Outlook 2003 and accessing non http websites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danvan, Sep 11, 2008.

1. danvan

danvan Private E-2

Hi, I'm a new member so 'hello' to everyone.

I have a a couple of strange problems in my office and am running out of ideas.

1. A PC running XP and Outlook 2003 has recently stopped being able to send/receive email and been unable to view HTTPS or FTP sites. No settings have been changed. I have googled the problem and been advised to remove patch kb913807 (don't have it), turn off firewalls but with no luck - i am out of ideas

2. Have the same problem on a laptop, but this laptop works fine at other locations outside of the office.

Nothing has changed on our router and the other 5 PC's in the office work fine.

I beleive it has something to do with port permissions or opening them but i don't understand what could have caused the problem in the first place and why the laptop works at other locations.

Thanks on advance for any help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds