Outlook 2003 - change color or appearance of inbox folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by 1ststeven, Jan 11, 2010.

1. 1ststeven

1ststeven Private E-2

My office is still stuck with Outlook 2003. Not surprisingly, I have legions of folders/subfolders. Is there any way to change the color or appearance of inbox folders to help me pick the correct folder quicker?

Thank you!

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

I don't believe there is (still using it too).
    Have you thought of:

• Renaming - put "aaa" or a character in front of the ones you want at the top, for example, and other prefixes for creating a hierarchy?
    • Put in dummy folders with short names (eg "h") to make gaps between groups.
    • Use upper case and lower case for names to make some stand out. Also repeated capitals (XXX John Smith XXX)
    • Increase the lengths of the names of those you want to find quickly and often (add dummy characters).
    • Use Shortcuts and Favourites for easy access to your most-used folders.
    • Use Sub-subfolders.
    • Use search folders (For Follow Up (flagged) and Unread, for example).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds