Outlook 2003 issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lev, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

So my Outlook was bad today. Running 2003 on Vista Ultimate on a HP laptop.

I also run USA.net encryption software, but was not using it on the particular email at the time of the first crash.

So I send an email to about 15 people in my office with a simple Word .doc attachment..nothing big. USA.net encryption has a fit and refuses to recognize me or my password. The email got as far as my out box and hung. I tried to delete it, move it to another box, open it...anything and everything and all I got was "Outlook is already in the process of sending this" but it never leaves the outbox and move to the Sent Items box.

So I uninstall the encryption software, and all that does is stop the wacky error pop up messages from USA.net. Still the email will not do anything in the Outbox. Outlook tries to send/receive every so often, as it is set up to do, and all that serves is an error message saying it encountered a problem and needs to close, or needs to shut down and re-open. It chooses - I have no control over it, and as it is about 10 seconds between each closing, I don't have much time to try anything.

This is a hard one to explain. I'd capture screenshots if I gave me enough time. During this I've had 2 memory dumps and one Vista error message telling me it is my webcam drivers. Never use the webcam...drivers are the same ones that have always been there, and yes, they are Vista compatible.

Anyone experienced anything like this and knows what to try next? I really need to get rid of that email somehow....I believe that is the "blockage".

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Great link - thank you Novice.

It took a while to get the combination right, but after I had set email to work offline, and disabled send/receive, AND unplugged the ethernet cable AND disable the wireless router THEN and only THEN would it allow me to delete the email. Still cannot open the email but that's ok.

Who would have thought you had to do all this just to delete one small email!

Thanks again for the link!

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Glad to hear that it helped fix your problem! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds