Outlook 2003 "Rules In Error" message

Discussion in 'Software' started by wenospeak, Mar 12, 2005.

1. wenospeak

wenospeak Private E-2

Hello,

I recently installed Office 2003 and set up my Outlook rules for messages received through "specified account" to be moved to "specified account". This way when a message arrives that's addressed to account "a" it gets moved to the folder named "a" and when a message arrives addressed to account "b" it gets moved to the "b" folder, and so on.

I have 14 accounts and all the rules work fine, except for the "default" account. For this topic, let's say that my default account is called "a" and my inbox account folder is also called "a".

I created the rule exactly the same as all the other, however, when I try to run it, I get a dialog box called: Rules in Error and it contains two columns named "rule" and "error". Under rule it says "a" and under error it says Cannot move to the "a" folder.

I've looked through the microsoft Knowledge Base and done several Google searches but can't find the identical problem.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing this error?

Thanks,

Rick

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Try making a folder "z" and see if it will move to there.

3. wenospeak

wenospeak Private E-2

I created a folder "z" and it did move mail from the inbox addressed to "a", however, now Outlook will not let me manually move the mail from the old "a" folder to the new "z" folder.

4. wenospeak

wenospeak Private E-2

Actually,

I just moved folder "a" to folder "z" and then opened folder "a", selected all and copied to folder "z" and it worked.

Looks like the problem is solved. Well, not really solved, but gone. I guess there was something corrupted in the original "a" pst.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds