Outlook 2003 will not open jpg images!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by brown903, Nov 8, 2008.

1. brown903

brown903 Private E-2

Hey....How are you?

I am having problems opening JPG images in my Outlook 2003....this is a recent development...it use to open everything with no problem....can you tell me what I need to do to correct this problem? I have looked at every website I could find on the web and tried several suggestions, however, nothing worked.
    Do I need to download a program to fix this????
    I will be patiently waiting for any direction you can provide.....

Thanks for your time and consideration....

Kindest regards...
    Lynn Brown
    email:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2008
  2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

what error message are you getting when you click on the jpg

3. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

Welcome to MG :)

Windows update KB945432 can cause this problem. Go to Add/Remove programs (check the box show updates), find KB945432, uninstall, this should resolve the problem.

4. brown903

brown903 Private E-2

Windows update KB945432 ......I have recieved this advice, however, there is no such update in my Add/Remove programs....I found all sorts of other numbers close to this one....but NOT this one? Many thanks to those of you that have replied....Any other ideas???

email:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  5. brown903

brown903 Private E-2

In addition...to Buggabear!!! There is no error message...a box opens with black text such as 000000000000....

Crazy, huh?
    Other computer pros have suggested that I have to download some other kind of program....what do you think?

Administrator Edit: Please do not put email addresses in your posts. It leaves you wide open to those who harvest email accounts to send you spam.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  6. Ratz

Ratz Private E-2

Can you open any other *.jpg files outside of MS Outlook???

7. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

8. brown903

brown903 Private E-2

Dear Ratz....

In answer to your question about the ability to open JPG outside of Outlook 2003.....
    the answer is "no", we always have to try and find a different program to open them, after we have saved them!!! Any ideas???

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds