Outlook 2007 Cannot open Default e-mail folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by Samburu, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samburu

Samburu Private E-2

Was using Outlook closed it and then reopened it, now have Cannot opern your e-mail folders. "Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Name|App\Data\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail enabled applications. and then use Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file."
    I can't find this tool googled it and looked for it like it was suggested but I am still not able to find this tool let alone run it. Can someone advise a work around please.

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

3. Samburu

Samburu Private E-2

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System then only have ado, en-US, msadc, Ole DB, on opening each of these there is no MSMAP\1033.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\1033 two files Mso Example Intl Setup File A.txt and Mso Example Intl Setup File B.txt

Thank you

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

And one level up, at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12 ?

If you are on a 64-bit system, check also C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12

If you still cannot locate it, do a system-wide search for scanpst.exe - that tool is always installed with Outlook.

5. Samburu

Samburu Private E-2

Found C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 but there is only three files there they are:
    MAMAPI32.DLL
    AVANTI.xlsx
    MAPISVC.INF

System wide search done in C Drive Search Results found SCANPST.EXE started it and now have to enter the name of the file. Well I don't know what would that be.

At least I found it thats a bonus!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  6. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

You printed the file name & path in your initial post:

7. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I just looked at that file path, and it does not look quite correct...

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

...is more like it.

8. Samburu

Samburu Private E-2

Thank you, the Tool is now repairing the file. It is such a bonus to have experts out there to help. :)

9. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

You're welcome.

Just one additional information (for another time). If you open the Mail applet in Control Panel, it will tell you (under Data Files) what PST files Outlook is using. Most Outlook users have more than one PST file, for various reasons. One may be an archive file, one may be from an earlier Outlooks version or computer, etc.

10. Samburu

Samburu Private E-2

Thank you never knew that, so easy when one "knows" only have one pst file so all working good now. Cheers S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds