Outlook 2007 does not open

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Sep 8, 2010.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Vista Home Premium 32bit; Office 2007 Small Business Edition: all the other components of Office are working fine; Word, Excel, etc. When I try to launch Outlook, the first small white 'Outlook 2007' window opens in the middle of the screen, then the main Outlook GUI opens behind it for about a second, then everything quickly closes and leaves me with this error message (screen shot attached below also):
    I used the original install disc to repair Office. It completed w/o issues and prompted for a restart. So I restarted and still have the error. I also attached a zip file which contains the details from four different entries in the Applications section of the Event Viewer. I have backed up the PST file and the Contacts, but the PCs owner is quite worried about losing his "Outlook address book". Is this already in the PST file? Or is it the same as the Contacts? Or is it an entirely independent entity?

Any suggestions, advice, recommendations, or ideas are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:celebrate :dood

Problem solved . . . almost too freekin' easy . . . in the Run box, I simply typed outlook.exe /resetnavpane and pressed Enter.

There's a space between the .EXE and the /slash. Worked like a charm! Three reboots later and Outlook is still running fine.
    :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds