Outlook 2007 "Enter Network Password prompt" and wont retrieve emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by djdmoney863, Jan 2, 2014.

1. djdmoney863

djdmoney863 Private E-2

Outlook 2007 "Enter Network Password prompt" and wont retrieve emails. I have already deleted and reset the account & have changed ISP email password so we know it's the right PW, sort of at a loss right now. Any help greatly appreciated TY in advance.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Removing and setting the account back up was the right move. Some people swore a reboot was needed after this was done.

Just to be 100% on the password, try going to a web service like mail2web.com and see if you can retrieve your email. At least then you're sure the email and password are working just to eliminate the obvious.

I also read that if your mail servers settings are "mail.yourisp.com" for example, remove the mail.

Are you accessing the mail from multiple devices? That can cause an issue.

3. rjordan

rjordan Private First Class

Try checking for add-ins. I have seen a couple that can do that.

Try starting outlook in safe. (Windows Key + R, Type outlook.exe /safe)

Did you try making a complete new profile or was it just removing the email and re-adding it?

Have you checked with your ISP for any specific settings that need to be done?
    For example, with our systems here, the email will display as the "User", but it needs to be removed to have the actual userid plus designating the domain in front.
    For example;
    User:myname@email.com
    Changed to
    User: DOMAIN\myname

4. djdmoney863

djdmoney863 Private E-2

Thanks rjordan & Major Attitude it account is a verizon email that it is going through and I have set the Outlook account up using the specific to their recommendations incoming and outgoing email servers and ports. Pretty sure the PW is correct I can try and get it changed again. I've tried it on two different systems same issue. Not on any domain, just normal wifi connection from multiple locations.

5. rjordan

I just remebered one more thing to try.

What OS?

XP or Vista/Win7?

6. rjordan

If win7/Vista
    Open Control Panel
    If you see 6-7 groups, select View By, Small Icons on the top right

Click Credential Manager

Take a look at any saved credentials and remove any that may be related to Outlook and that Email.

After you do that, setup the profile again from scratch.

Give that a try and let us know if it works.

7. djdmoney863

djdmoney863 Private E-2

OS is Windows 7 64 bit, while in the Credential Manager everything was empty there, I'm able to go to Verizon wen mail and sign in perfectly there with out any issues.

8. djdmoney863

djdmoney863 Private E-2

Should I contact Verizon support to deal with the problem, all credentials check out fine in their webmail, but not in Outlook.

9. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I might be way off the mark here as I'm in UK and no Verizon here, but with many UK ISPs you have to be connected through your ISP's smtp server for an email client such as Outlook to work correctly, particularly when sending. As you are changing locations you will be connecting via a variety of smtp servers rather than your ISPs server. Could this be the reason for your difficulties? If so, use your ISP's webmail or mail2web when away from home.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds