Outlook 2007 + Flagging Emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by swalsh, Jul 21, 2008.

1. swalsh

swalsh Private E-2

I can't flag emails with Outlook 2007. Is there a setting i have missed setting up to do this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No its likely done a slightly different way in Outlook 2007 than older versions of Outlook, some notable changes to Outlook 2007 in discontinued features and modified functions

But I tend to flag mine up using the two changed features, one is in that you can flag your emails with colours to highlight different types of email, work, depts, personal etc using the Category colours

[​IMG]

Then you can add time scales as in the To Do flags

[​IMG]

Gone is the way you could in Outlook 2003 and below in colouring the flags with blue, green, orange etc its now the Category options. I looked but couldnt see where these two options could be turned off or on, so they IIRC are defaulty on.

I have been playing around in a limted way another option to sort and flag emails but this application while free is still in beta and by invite, although they do send invites out very quickly, its called Clear Context and maybe worth a look, does however have a very quick splash screen pop up each time you load Outlook, not had time to see if this can be disabled as yet.

3. swalsh

swalsh Private E-2

Thanks for that. My MAJOR problem was I had CACHED enabling on...

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Ah gotcha on cached being on if using Exchange Server with Outlook 2007, will have to remember to ask if Exchange Server is being used if mail not flagging, cheers for the fix.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds