Outlook 2007 - incoming emails are "doubled"

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jul 30, 2010.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

WinXP Pro SP3 - Office 2007 - the owner of this PC uses both Outlook Express (OE) and Outlook for email. Why? Who knows. OE is working fine, but all incoming mail messages in Outlook are listed twice in the Inbox. Outgoing messages are sent just fine. I've never been a fan of Outlook (or OE for that matter) as it seems to be cumbersome and problematic (IMO rolleyes ). Anyway - I haven't had much success Googling this problem; I can't quite come up with the right set of serch terms.... so - why the heck are all incoming messages listed twice in the Outlook Inbox??? And how do I get it back to single listings?

Thanks!

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Googling 'duplicate messages in outlook' throws up quite a lot of results, though whether any will actually be of any use is ????????????

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah - I've spent about 2hrs going through a lot of that stuff, and trying a lot of that stuff, and so far, no dice. After speaking to the owner of the PC, he said he uses Outlook Express more than Outlook, and since I got OE working OK (it wasn't at first), I may just call it a done a deal, but I hate leaving something "half-done" even if the guy doesn't use Outlook, it should still run right. Thanks for the input tho'.....
    ;)

Now I'm dealing with a different issue on the same PC: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=220178

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds