Outlook 2007 - Incomings have large images

Discussion in 'Software' started by peter333, Sep 28, 2010.

1. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

My incoming e-mails have large inbedded pictures & images (when present). I have no idea what I may have done to cause this. Zooming doesn't work or trying to change the font size for incomings only. The images decrease alright but the text becomes tinier still. The text size seems unaffected. Any help to go back to the default normal size for images would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

As far as I can see this is a function of the sender's settings, not yours.

3. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

However, it's allincoming messages with graphics, not just from one sender.

4. Earthling

To test this I sent myself two messages with embedded pics, one of 2MB, the other of 0.3MB. The first displayed large - scroll bars needed - and the secomd fitted on screen with real estate to spare.

Try it.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

What's your operating system and service pack #, and which e-mail client are you using?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You said the 2MB was huge
    You said the 0.3MB was smaller

There is definitely a direct correlation and downward trend here ;)

Typically the larger the image in physical byte size (MB etc) the higher the resolution which means that it's going to be larger on screen. I'd say that the problem is with the resolution size of the images being sent to you.

7. Earthling

Like I said in #2. We're going round in circles here ;)

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Nothing like supporting opinions ;)

9. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

Just for clarification, my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with Office 2007 32 bit (don't think there was a 64bit version). My Outlook is is part of the Office 2007 Suite. The e-mails all look fine when forwarded onto others and viewed in their Outlook 2007 and my "Sent Items" e-mails are fine. I have also tried repair Office 2007 - no difference & uninstall/ re-install Outlook, still no difference. It must be something in my font settings on receiving e-mails(?) Thanks again.

10. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

Thanks to everyone. In the end, I ended up reformatting and installing Outlook 2003 back. Everything is back to normal. Opens up OK on another PC I have which runs Outlook 2010. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds