Outlook 2007 Reminder Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by EccentricEmma, Jun 1, 2010.

1. EccentricEmma

EccentricEmma Private E-2

My first post so please be patient.

I'm having major problems with a reminder in Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7. This reminder keeps multiplying - it is an old reminder that I have deleted a year ago but every Tuesday comes up - today I have 12,134 of these and it's jaming up my Outlook - I can't do anything in Outlook because of these reminders. I try dismissing them but that too freezes up my Outlook. Please help.
    Thanks!

2. mig29

mig29 Private E-2

3. EccentricEmma

Thanks for your response - I happened on this site last night and with a few modifications ie redirected to a new download and figuring out the differences from the old download to the new download it looks like it worked. It took all night to delete the 12,000 + reminders but it looks like they are gone! Yea!

Here is the site for the updated MAPI editor download - I downloaded the "recommended download"

http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/releases/view/45245

Thanks again!

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Wow, nice tool.

5. EccentricEmma

Update - I had to do this twice. The first time I deleted, I tried to highlight all of them but then got error messages that files couldn't be deleted. The directions indicate that this may occur and you could just delete the whole Reminders folder, which is what I did or thought I did. When I started it back up this morning all was well for a short time and the reminders started appearing again. I re-downloaded the editor again and this time deleted about 250 files at a time, until the folder was empty. Just for precaution I restarted my computer and all is well - at the moment.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds