Outlook 2010 & Groups

Discussion in 'Software' started by davidwilp, Feb 4, 2011.

1. davidwilp

davidwilp Private E-2

Recently upgraded from 2003 to 2010. If I recall, when I looked at a contact in 2003 I could see if that contact belonged to a group (actually distribution list) and which one. I don't see where I can see that info in 2010 from the Contacts page. In other words when I am viewing a single contact. Am I just missing something?

Thanks

2. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Are you on an Exchange Server, or is this just personal at home?

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

I got to be honest with you, I've been researching this all morning on my Outlook 2010 and I cannot find what you are looking for. I don't know if it's even available frankly.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yeah this one is puzzling as in older versions of OL the Contact Card shows the Groups or as it was Distribution list that a Email Contact was part of easily.

I would guess that you already have Contact Group/Distribution list already set? if not then usafveterans link is good, but if you do then the only way I have though of a workaround that I use is to assign a Catagory colour to the contact.

Long Winded to start with but once you have your group list, catagorise it with a colour and name the group colour, then you may need to on the contact cards for the members manually assign that Catagory colour.

So when you open that contact card the colour is at the top and named as per the group.

Not found an addon or perminent way as yet, as you should be able to edit the Contact card field list to add say Member of XXXXX Group.

6. davidwilp

davidwilp Private E-2

I appreciate the responses. I thought maybe I was missing something but apparently they have left this nifty little feature out of 2010 version. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds