Outlook 2010 . mail check

Discussion in 'Software' started by nanageek, May 28, 2010.

1. nanageek

nanageek Private E-2

I have friends who have Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 mail client.

They would like to know how to change the frequency that Outlook automatically checks for new mail ?

I still use Outlook Express so cannot help with step by step instructions and they live too far away for me to go and play around with it. I tried a telephone conversation but that didn't work as I am not familiar with the program.

Google search wasn't much help.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Click File (tab), Options, Advanced, click the Send/Receive button, Change the "Schedule an automatic send/receive every" section to whatever time you want in minutes. Also make sure this is checked.

4. nanageek

nanageek Private E-2

5. nanageek

nanageek Private E-2

Just read your post as I replied to Laura's.:)

That way seems much easier.

I will send them both options

Thank you

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

They really are not two options if you mean two ways of setting the frequency of retrieving mail; they are the same procedure for setting the frequency to check mail. But, LauraR's link contains graphic illustrations and covers much more than setting the frequency that Outlook checks for new mail. theefool posted the menu sequence which would allow them to go straight to the screen where the setting can be enabled; it is the same sequence in the link posted by LauraR.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds