Outlook Express 6.0 redownloading deleted emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by BeckyLynn, Apr 5, 2005.

1. BeckyLynn

BeckyLynn Private E-2

I have Windows ME with Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0. Up until a couple of weeks ago, my email with OE worked perfectly. Now it has started redownloading emails I have previously deleted. These emails do not reside on the cable modem server. I have called my cable modem company and they do not see a problem on their end and feel it is an Outlook Express problem. I tried searching the microsoft website with no luck and was hoping you might have run into this problem before. I thought of repairing OE (thinking that may solve my problem) but I do not know how. All I have found online are instructions for Windows XP not ME.

Any help you can give me with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Becky :confused:

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I don't understand your post.

You say "These emails do not reside on the cable modem server"

Where do they reside?

Also, how many email accounts do you have set up in Outlook Express?

3. BeckyLynn

BeckyLynn Private E-2

You say "These emails do not reside on the cable modem server"
    Where do they reside?

I meant that when I log into my email server thru the web, the emails I deleted but keep recieving do not show up. Only brand new emails I've never seen and haven't downloaded to my PC yet. I'm not sure where the deleted emails are coming from. All I know is when I log into OE or hit the SEND/RECEIVE button, I get my emails back in my inbox.

Also, how many email accounts do you have set up in Outlook Express?

I have two identities set up but only one account listed on the mail tab of the internet accounts window (Tools -> Accounts). The emails I keep recieving were all sent to only one identity not both.

In case you needed to know...
    Also under the delivery options for this account, I do NOT have "Leave a copy of messages on server" checked (something the cable modem support personnel had me check for).

Let me know if you need any additional info.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

So you are saying that emails that you have already downloaded, read and deleted find their way back to your inbox?

All I can suggest at this stage is in Outlook Express, Tools, Options then Maintenance tab, then click Clean Up Now, then Remove Messages.

If that doesn't work, then try deleting all your accounts and recreating them.

Finally if that all fails, Tools, Message Rules, then Mail and make sure you don't have any special rules set up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds