Outlook Express 6 HTML Signature Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by mazarita, Oct 18, 2005.

1. mazarita

mazarita Private E-2

Hi everyone

I've recently created an html signature file for an Outlook Express 6 signature and have specified in Tools/Options that it should be added to both new and reply messages.

It works perfectly for NEW messages but the image is not there when I create REPLY messages (showing a box with a red cross instead). I can't get why it would work on one and not the other and have found nothing in my web searches to explain this.

I created the html file with the Nvu program and have placed a copy of the image in question (.jpg) in the Outlook Express Stationery folder.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on this problem they would be willing to share. Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers
    Mazarita

2. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Just a wild guess: are you replying in the same text that the sender sent? See if you are sending/replying in plain text, rich text, or html text. I'm not sure off the top of my head where to find this, but it should be in your settings somewhere. I use Thunderbird, so in Outook Express, I'm not sure where it will be, exactly. Hope this helps.
    Eric

3. mazarita

mazarita Private E-2

Hi Eric

Thanks for the reply. I've ckecked everything you suggested but this has not changed the status of things.

However I have since noticed that the image box in the html signature has slightly different 'properties' in NEW messages (in which the image does appear) compared to REPLY messages (in which the image is replaced by a box with a red cross).

I discovered this by right clicking on the image box within the signature and selecting 'properties' (I did this on both a new message and a new reply message). The NEW message 'properties' list an image source that is a full file name path and clearly picks up the image correctly. The REPLY message 'properties' list the image source as a file name only (without the full path to find the file) and so obviously can't find the image to display in the reply signature.

I am able to 'browse' and specifiy the correct file path from the image box 'properties' box and can now get the image to appear correctly in the reply messages this way. However this is a 'one time only' fix as the reply 'properties' settings revert to their original state (file name only) after each message is completed - and I do not know how to set a default on this. (I am, after all using the same signature for both new and reply messages as already specified in Tools/Options/Signature). I still can't fathom why these property settings are different on NEW compared to REPLY messages.

Anyway, thanks for your assistance and I look forward to any new advice that might be available.

Mazarita

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds