Outlook Express 6 - Wrong Email times?

Discussion in 'Software' started by barnz2k, Sep 21, 2005.

1. barnz2k

barnz2k Private E-2

Hey guys,
    Using Outlook express 6 at home, and any emails that are sent or received from it are wrong.
    For example, using that email account i send one to my work account, the arrival date on the email at work will be 12hrs from now..
    And an email coming into the suspect account will be 8hrs old..

There is no consistency between the time offsets, ive checked the clock and TimeZone settings on the computer, and my internet provider (internode) assures me it is not to do with their end.. Which is true because my other internode account works fine..

Ive even tried the same account on Mozilla on the same computer...

So this all leads me to think it is a particular setting somewhere on the computer in question...

Any ideas? been bugging me for months!
    cheers.

2. barnz2k

barnz2k Private E-2

seems that once i played with the Time Zone and clock settings again it sorted itself out...weird cause ive tried that before..

anyways - all good.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yes, if the curent clock setting on your personal computer is setup wrong, then the date MAY seem quite off.

It is excellent that you figured this out on your own time! Congrats!

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Yep, we Aussies are 9/10 hours ahead of the POMs, :D around 14-17 hours ahead of the Yanks.:D :D It all causes confusion.
    Damn, we are 2-4 hours behind the Kiwis, depending if we are on the East coast, or the West coast.:p :D Bazza
    PS: Welcome to another Aussie on MG. :cool: Baz

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds