Outlook Express New mail notification

Discussion in 'Software' started by bananahands, Oct 22, 2005.

1. bananahands

bananahands Private E-2

Every time I receive mail I may get a notification message of 7 new messages when in fact there are only 3 visible in my inbox. I am using AVG free edition which appears to be working great compared to my old Norton. Is the AVG intercepting problems without notification?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I dont use AVG and reading there FAQs I'm still none the wiser, so this post is serving as a bump, for any users of AVG who can shed some light on this?

Only thoughts I have are that it could be blocking some emails that it thinks pose a threat! are you using an ISPs mail or an online one such as Hotmail etc that you could check online to see if email is in a junk/spam folder?

3. bananahands

bananahands Private E-2

Isp mail. Ntlworld, I have loads of mates who tell me they had emails returned to them which they have sent to me but Ntl say there is nothing wrong when I eventually get through to them.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

When did it start happening?

Everytime I see where a user has removed a Norton product and starts having trouble, could be a red flag.

The uninstall might have gone fine and the issues you are having might be totally unrelated it seems, but I would try and pin point if this started after you uninstalled NAV or NIS.

Just a guess and something to check. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds