Outlook Express not running/Application Icons gone

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dayton, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Dayton

Dayton Private E-2

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure what happened but last night at some point Outlook Express starting giving me these messages when I tried to open it:
    [​IMG]

Then this after clicking ok:
    [​IMG]

In addition to Outlook Express not working my default applications that come with Windows (like games and accessories) lost their normal icons and just had blank windows like this:
    [​IMG]

Now, when I actually clicked on the icons and started them up, they came back to normal but why the change in the first place? But Outlook is still not working.

I have laready checked Microsoft help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296969

I did indeed make the registry changes to have program download into my D: drive instead of C: None of the solutions worked for me however.

Anyone know how to fix this or what caused it?

Thank you!

Dayton

2. Dayton

Dayton Private E-2

bump?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds