Outlook Express probelms with switching users

Discussion in 'Software' started by _dinsdale_, Aug 10, 2007.

1. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

Hi all,

My rig: XP SP2 IE7 Pent D 1gig Ram

Having an annoying problem with OE. Recently set up a new identity and often (though not every time) when I switch identities, OE momentarily shuts down and reopens. But I can't see the bodies of any existing emails or the ones that automatically download on startup.

Sometimes it fails to boot into the other ID at all. In these circumstances if I go to Windows Task Manager I find two 2 copies of msimn.exe running. If I end one, they both close and I can boot into OE and all is well again.

Doesn't seem to have any consistency, nor does it matter which ID I am switching from/to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Dins

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Are all your M$ updates up to date, including .Net?

I am experiencing a similar activity on OE 6, running on the office Win2K pc.
    If I log off one user and onto another and then back to the first, OE can't do a send and receive.
    This behaviour is only reset by restarting.

Automatic updates are turned off on this pc.

It has been going on for a couple of months now and I have been living with it rather than investigating, so will watch this thread with interest.

3. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

Hmmm yep all up to date.

Anyone else with this problem?

Dins

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

5. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

Hey Steve,

Tried the link but the specific question wasn't to be found. Indeed there was only one before I scrolled to the bottom of the page. Did I do something wrong or do I need to be a subscriber to this site?

Dins

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I can't get it again when I copy it. :eek: Go here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=oe+crashes+switch+identities&btnG=Google+Search and scroll down to the Smart Computing Article, click on it and it should take you there.

If not, here it is.

Steve

7. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

Thanks Steve,

Ran through this one but doesn't seem to be the problem. Any other ideas?

Dins

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Nope, that's it for now. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds