Outlook Junk Email Filter

Discussion in 'Software' started by jstanton, Oct 16, 2007.

1. jstanton

jstanton Private E-2

Heya everyone. I've just started using Outlook 2003 (the full version) at my new office, and I'm finding that the Junk Email filter does nothing. I have it set to only allow email from my Safe Senders List, but everything comes into my inbox anyway. Many of the junk emails are even on the junk list, yet I'm finding them on the list while looking at them in the inbox. rolleyes

I'm new to the full version of Outlook, since I use Outlook Express at home, in conjunction with Mailwasher. Because of this, I've never had to mess with the Outlook junk mail filter before.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

No problem! :D

Seriously, though - what did you want help with? Tweaking Outlook's junk filtering? Recommendations on an alternative? It doesn't say in your post (not that I can understand, anyway)

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Could you try a different setting, such as Low or High, instead of Safe Senders List, and see whether that makes a difference?

4. jstanton

jstanton Private E-2

Actually, I just did a "detect and repair" in Outlook, and the email filter seems to be working. Thanks, however, for all your suggestions :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds