Outlook Meeting Set-up / Saving without sending

Discussion in 'Software' started by comperroruter, Mar 4, 2008.

1. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

While using Outlook to set-up meetings I sometimes have to downsize them and come back to them at a later time. There are occasions when I have to revisit these set-ups days later. I am curious if there is a way to save a meeting set-up without sending the invitation. Each time I have tried to save the meeting set-up information the invitation has went out. I am sure it is a simple answer that I am over looking, but additional input or answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Comperroruter

2. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

Bumpity Bump Bump.

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

This works in Outlook 2003

Calendar > New > Set-up Appointment > Save As (mine defaults to .rtf and saved to Desktop)

Will ask you if you want to send, if you answer No it will be added to your calendar, you can show the time as busy or free. Also you can go in and add to it or change invitees, as long as I continue to use Save As it does not send the invite, continues to ask if you want to send when modified.

I did not use the schedule conference room feature since our rooms are at a premium and you would normally wait till you have details down before booking the area.

Most likely this is not the intended way to do this, but works for me. Also the Save As file can be moved to the trash can...think it just serves as an anchor but it also reminds to finish the Appt. on the calendar, each time you do a Save As you can write over it.

Hope this helps, someone else might know the correct way to do this, but for now this works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds