Outlook not opening attachments from a specific user...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Slider68, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Slider68

Slider68 Private E-2

The title pretty much sums it up. But here is the break down I am experiencing.

Person A sends an email with a pdf attachment (or any attachment) to Person B. Person B is unable to open the attachment.

Person B send an email with an attachement to Person A, and can open no problem.

Person A sends an email with an attachment to person C and person C forwards to Person A and now Person B can open the attachment.

Any suggestions?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If Person A has more than one email address, get Person A to send an email to Person B with an attachment from a different email address. Sometimes ISPs neuter attachments from certain email addresses to "protect" the user.

Another option, rather than trying to open the attachment from A, have B download the attachment and then open it. This works also at times when any attachment will not open from the email itself.

3. Slider68

Slider68 Private E-2

I will try it from a different email address.

Note, I tried to save the file locally, then open it, and to no avail, same problem.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Did you get an error from your computer? If so, post exactly what error was reported.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds