Outlook/Vista error - "OLE ... Call Failed"

Discussion in 'Software' started by shedlord, Aug 3, 2008.

1. shedlord

shedlord Private E-2

Hi,

Our company has a modified CRM system which is used to manage workflow and generate staff activity diaries within several departments. There is a central SQL database, but part of the way it operates is by syncing with Outlook to generate certain activity prompt emails.
    When a user launches the software, one of the things it does first is start Microsoft Outlook in the background (as a service).

I recently installed the software on a Vista box to test it. I had to set it to run in XP compatibility mode (otherwise it doesn't launch at all) but otherwise it seemed to work ok except for refusing to open Outlook on launch. It comes up with 4 errors...

OLE: Get FolderInbox CALL FAILED
    OLE: Get FolderDeleted CALL FAILED
    OLE: Get FolderCalendar CALL FAILED
    OLE: Get FolderContacts CALL FAILED

Now, the company that wrote the system and provide the support switched to a .net version a while back. They say they don't support the old version on Vista.

The PC has Outlook 2007 installed. We have the system running fine on XP boxes with Outlook 2007.

My best guess is that this is either something to do with the permissions on Vista, or it is using some kind of connection method that has been retired/disabled/turned off in Vista.

I have tried running the CRM as administrator, and attempted to set Outlook to run as administrator (although whether this would work when it is launched in the way described above I have no clue). Also tried turning off UAC completely.

None of this solved it.

Can anyone suggest other things to try because I'm pretty stuck now?

thanks.

2. shedlord

shedlord Private E-2

Is there any way to get more information on the error? I looked through the event logs but there was nothing in there related to this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds